With large contract values and targeted addressable markets, most B2B companies rely on outbound marketing to drive demand and close deals.
You hone your ideal customer profile (ICP), create buyer personas, map content to the stages in the buyer journey, and start prospecting. You leverage a third party data solution to find target accounts and prospects that meet your ICP.
7 ways to use a cloud data warehouse to optimize lead generation
- Combining Analytics & Process Automation - One of the biggest risks with outbound marketing operations is inaccurate data. Instead of using one set of tools to automate workflows, and a separate set of systems for analytics, data warehouses act as a single source of truth for process automation and analytics. You no longer have to worry about data becoming out of sync.
- Combining Data Sources - By replicating all data sources (1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data) into a data warehouse, you can power workflows with a complete picture of the customer. Instead of maintaining multiple siloed systems each with a portion of the customer view, warehouses offer a single platform to score leads, build audiences, and optimize conversion funnels with a true 360 degree view of each client or prospect. Your data is finally available all in one place.
- Automating Lead Scoring - Lead scoring is the backbone of efficient outbound marketing, but it's complicated to prepare data for lead scoring. With a warehouse, data is prepared for scoring, and you can write Structured Query Language (SQL) statements to append lead scores to prospect and client lists. With the power of a data warehouse, scoring algorithms can be as simple as a formula or advanced enough to incorporate machine learning and artificial intelligence (ML/AI).
- Managing Opt Outs - With consumer choice front and center, you can't afford to spend your time wrangling opt out lists across platforms. In addition to creating a single source of truth for prospects and clients, warehouses offer a centralized location to create, manage, and respect opt out lists. For data flowing through a lead generation process, contact information can be automatically compared to a list of opted out users before any data is synced to a downstream system.
- Building Advanced Audiences With SQL - Once buyer personas are created and leads are scored, you need to create the particular segments you want to target with your message. With the power of SQL, you can turn raw data into hyper-focused and personalized audiences to ensure time and money are spent efficiently. Using a warehouse, all of the logic powering segmentation can be version controlled, automated, and optimized.
- Powering Marketing Automation - Lead generation is about engaging prospects with personalized messages. Once data is loaded, leads are scored, opt out lists are respected, and segments are built, you need to push audiences back into the tools you use to engage prospects and clients. Data from warehouses can be replicated back into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, Email Service Providers (ESPs), conversation platforms, paid media channels and more. Best of all, you can be confident the data is clean, deduplicated, and accurate before it is loaded into downstream systems.
- Optimizing Funnel Conversions - Finally, a warehouse is the perfect tool to power automated reporting. By connecting a visualization tool to your warehouse, you can create automated reports, daily emails, or trigger-based alerts to help your team strategically optimize conversions throughout the customer journey. Because the same information is being used for both analytics and process automation, any updates that are made to lead scoring logic or audiences will be reflected everywhere.
The marketing ecosystem is just now starting to witness the power of cloud data warehouses. In order to create future-proof processes and analytics, you need the best partners, the right tools, and data-driven culture. With these assets in-hand, you can unlock massive value, create remarkable experience, and optimize user engagement.
Portable turns products into connected solutions. Teams combine our no-code integrations with existing products and services to power analytics and automate workflows. We can load data into warehouses, extract data out of warehouses, and connect business applications directly
Want to learn more? Book time for a discussion or a demo directly on my calendar
Enjoy our posts? Subscribe to our newsletter to receive content directly in your inbox